Thursday, November 24, 2016

"Luna" from Inklings by Tanya Bond


I needed af break from the big double spread from Imagimorphia by Kerby Rosanes. Luckily I had just received Inklings by Tanya Bond. A lovely book filled with pages that can be colored relatively quickly.

I chose my least favorite page in the book, because I didn't know just how crappy the paper really was. I have the Amazon edition, and I didn't want to ruin one of my favorite pages just because I didn't know how my pastel pencils and pencils worked on the paper.

My biggest disappointment was that my Derwent Blender pencil was next to useless on this paper. My Derwent pastel pencils worked amazing though. They blended perfectly and left no pencil marks behind! I didn't notice any problems with my Faber-Castell Polychromos either. 

I do wish that I had thought a bit more about the colors before I started coloring. This was so much fun to do, but I'm not a fan of the finished page overall. I do love her lava-ish dress and green hair tough.

How would you have colored this page?

No comments :

Post a Comment